Thank you for visiting our Adult Upgrading page. Here you will find important information regarding how to register, fees and materials, and more information about being an adult learner at Vista Virtual School.
Step 1: Determine if the student is eligible.
Step 2: Complete the online registration application
- Attach all supporting documents, including citizenship documentation, Individual Program Plan (IPP)—if applicable, and transcript/report card.
Step 3: Upon receipt of your registration form, our registration staff will review and verify your information.
Step 4: You will receive an email with instructions for making payment.
Step 5: When you are enrolled, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for accessing your online course content and getting started. Any materials ordered will be mailed to the shipping address provided on your registration form.
Students who are applying for the Skills Investment Bursary will be enrolled for their Session Start Date once their funding has been approved.
To qualify to register at Vista Virtual School, the student must:
Be 20 years of age or older as of September 1 of the current school year.
Be a Canadian citizen, lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence, a child of a Canadian citizen, or a child of an individual who is lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent or temporary residence.
- Students must provide proof of citizenship (i.e., birth certificate, landed immigrant, or resident documentation).
Be a resident of Alberta.
- Alberta Education requires a student 18 to remain in the province until at least September 30 of the school year.
- Although a student may be residing elsewhere temporarily, they must maintain an Alberta address.
- A student must submit proof of residency upon request.
- The best documentation is an Alberta property tax assessment with proof of payment for the current year.
- If a residence is rented or not owned, you may provide a current lease agreement from the property manager valid for at least the school year, as well as a current utility bill for your Alberta residence. At the principal’s discretion, your income tax receipt showing that you filed and paid taxes in Alberta for the previous year may be considered.
- For part-time students, VVS may also accept an Alberta Health Card, Alberta drivers license, or utility bill.
The student must:
Sign Vista Virtual School’s Truancy and Acceptable Use policies.
Have regular contact with teachers of Vista Virtual School through email, telephone, or video conferencing.
Have a telephone number that is not long distance for our teachers to better communicate with their students:
- Vonage, Magicjack, and Skype are just a few examples of companies who provide telephone service via the internet, which will allow our teachers to call your home without incurring long distance charges.
- You are also required to provide a telephone number for your Alberta residence.