Midterm and final exams can be scheduled once all assignments have been submitted and graded. Teacher approval is required to schedule appeal exams.
– For 30-level courses, the course final exam and diploma exam are not the same; students must write both.
What Do I Need For My Exam?
Photo ID is required for all supervised exams. If you need a VVS student ID card, please email a photo of yourself from the shoulders up and on a plain background to email@example.com
Supervision for your exam. Depending on the course, you will be asked to use one of the three methods of exam supervision listed below:
-Schedule to write your exam at our Calgary Campus.
– Some exams allow for online supervision using the automated proctoring service, Proctorio. In this case, please reference our Technical Support page to assist you in setting up Proctorio.
– If the first two options are not available, students must arrange for alternate (external) exam supervision.
Students can discuss exam writing options and expectations with their teacher. For more information about our exam policies, please see our Policies webpage.
Writing Your Exam At Calgary Campus
Before you call or email us to schedule a time to write your exam, please note the following:
– Students can write their exams at Calgary Campus at either 9am or 1pm, Monday through Friday.
– If you require extra writing time (i.e double time; no documentation required), please make this request at the time of booking.
-If you currently have any VVS teacher approved exam accommodations (documentation required), please notify support staff at the time of booking.
-Exam computers, approved data booklets/formula sheets, and scrap paper will be provided.
-Students are required to adhere to the Exam Room Protocol.
TO BOOK: Call 1-855-974-5333 x5317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Exam Supervision (Proctorio)
Proctorio is an online automated proctoring service that monitors and records (audio and video) students as they write exams. This service records all actions that students take during the exam including:
– Keyboard strikes and mouse clicks
– Internet activity
– Internet connection type and location
This service assists teachers in monitoring exams as it will alert them of any suspicious student activity. If required, teachers can go back and review the video recorded of the student during the Proctorio monitored exam.
For more information, including how to set up Proctorio and the rules and guidelines during a Proctorio monitored exam, please visit our Technical Support page.
Alternate (External) Exam Supervision
Students unable to write an exam in our Calgary campus, or through Proctorio, must arrange for alternate form of exam supervision.
– Students must review the instructions listed in the Exam Supervisor Application Form.
– Students must then:
- Find a supervisor who meets the required qualifications.
- Complete the Exam Supervisor Application Form – signed by the student, parent (where applicable) and the exam supervisor.
- Submit the form, at least five days prior to the requested write date, to VVS Support.
Incomplete forms cannot be processed.
Once the requested supervisor has been approved, students will need to contact that supervisor to set up a time to write their exam.
We care about your success! If you are a student in need of special accommodations when writing exams, we can help.
Requests for special exam accommodations must be VVS teacher approved and submitted with appropriate documentation (in advance of booking the exam if it was not submitted at the time of course registration) such as:
– A recent psycho-educational assessment;
– A recent Individualized Program Plan (IPP);
– An Individualized Educational Plan (IEP); or
– A written recommendation from a physician.
Please send a copy of this document to our offices by email at email@example.com or by fax at 403-265-0814.