Thank you for choosing Vista Virtual School!
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are OPEN.
- Important Date! Last day to register as a primary registration is Friday, September 17, 2021.
*We are in a peak registration period resulting in longer than usual response times. Thank you for your patience.*
- Be accurate and complete! Inaccurate or missing information will delay processing or may even result in your application being denied. See the Registration Checklist below.
- Adult required: Students under 18-years-of-age must have a parent/guardian complete the application form or it will not be processed.
- Current or returning student? Current or returning students may use the “Request Courses” link on their Student Information System (SIS) Dashboard to apply for courses (parent/guardian required for students under 18).
- Do not submit multiple applications for one student. If you require changes to your application, please contact us.
- Check your Promotions or Spam folders! Registration confirmations and correspondence are sent through email. Please add Vista Virtual School to your safe senders list.
- Problems with your application? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-974-5333, ext. 5317 (Please leave a voicemail if you do not reach someone. We will get back to you!).
Note: Our system works best with Google Chrome or Firefox. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
Prerequisite Completion: Ensure you have the required prerequisite course mark (see our Course Catalogue and High School Prerequisite Chart). To expedite the registration process, please upload a copy of your Detailed Academic Report (DAR) or transcript. A final report card from the previous school year is required for students entering grades 1-10.
Proof of Citizenship: You will be required to upload your citizenship documentation into the application. VVS will accept the following:
- Canadian or Alberta Birth Certificate
- Canadian Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Certificate/Card
- Certificate of Indian Status/Treaty Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence Document
- Refugee Protection Claimant Document (RPCD)
- Proof of Application for Permanent or Temporary Residence
- Record of Landing/Landed Immigrant paper
- Canadian Study Permit/Work Permit
- Documentation indicating that you are the child of a Canadian Citizen, as well as a copy of your parent’s citizenship documentation
- Documentation indicating that you are the child of an individual lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent or temporary residency, as well as a copy of your parent’s documentation
Student Email: Each student must have a unique email address (i.e., an email not in use by another VVS student or guardian). We recommend using a personal email address rather than a school-assigned email address.
Special Needs Information (as required): VVS requires documentation in order to provide any special exam accommodations that you may require, excluding extra time. Please upload an Individualized Program Plan, psychological/psycho-educational assessments, and/or medical assessments/documentation.