Thank you for choosing Vista Virtual School!
Please note that providing accurate and complete information on your application will result in timely processing. Inaccurate or incomplete information will delay processing or may result in your application being denied.
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are now being accepted.
Applications for 5-credit courses for summer school are now closed. Students may continue to apply for registration into 1 and 3-credit summer courses until July 10.
- Parents/Guardians of current students (or students 18-years-age or older) may use the “Request Courses” link on their Student Information System (SIS) Dashboard to apply for courses
- Students under 18-years-of-age must have a parent/guardian complete the application form or it will not be processed
- For school-aged students and international students applying for Summer School courses, please note that assignment submissions will NOT be accepted prior to July 1
- Summer School courses are NOT available to adults; when applying, please answer “No” to the Summer School option or there will be no courses available for you to select
- Watch our Summer School Registration Video for information.
Adult upgrading students 20-years-of-age or older, international students, and school divisions who have signed Education Services Agreements (Interjurisdictional Agreements) may continue to apply.
Note: Our system works best with Google Chrome or Firefox, not Safari.
Applications are processed in the order they are received. Thank you for your patience as our registration staff work to enroll you in your courses.
Should you have any issues filling out our application form, please contact Vista Virtual School Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning us at 1-855-974-5333 x5317. Since most of our staff are working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is very important that you leave a message. One of our staff will follow up by email or telephone as soon as possible.
Prerequisite Completion: Ensure you have the required prerequisite course mark (see our Course Catalogue and High School Prerequisite Chart). To expedite the registration process, please upload a copy of your Detailed Academic Report (DAR) or transcript. A final report card from the previous school year is required for students entering grades 1-10.
Proof of Citizenship: You will be required to upload your citizenship documentation into the application. VVS will accept the following:
- Canadian or Alberta Birth Certificate
- Canadian Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Certificate/Card
- Certificate of Indian Status/Treaty Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence Document
- Refugee Protection Claimant Document (RPCD)
- Proof of Application for Permanent or Temporary Residence
- Record of Landing/Landed Immigrant paper
- Canadian Study Permit/Work Permit
- Documentation indicating that you are the child of a Canadian Citizen, as well as a copy of your parent’s citizenship documentation
- Documentation indicating that you are the child of an individual lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent or temporary residency, as well as a copy of your parent’s documentation
Student Email: Each student must have a unique email address (i.e., an email not in use by another VVS student or guardian). We recommend using a personal email address rather than a school-assigned email address.
Special Needs Information (as required): VVS requires documentation in order to provide any special exam accommodations that you may require, excluding extra time. Please upload an Individualized Program Plan, psychological/psycho-educational assessments, and/or medical assessments/documentation.