CONNECTIONS: Be the Change
Learn more about the SEEDS CONNECTIONS program, a multicultural and environmental leadership opportunity for high school students. This program connects students from across Alberta, and focuses on creating a better understanding of the multicultural/diverse nature of our schools and society.
Vista Virtual School invites students to attend the week-long camp in March each year (an email is sent to high school students with more information and an invitation to be involved in the program during each school year).
Students also complete a final project that is presented to students and the community, and can earn four credits by participating in—and successfully completing—the entire project.
The SEEDS Connections Program (Mar. 11-14, 2019): As part of the project work in this program, our 2018-19 attendees interviewed Alison Springer—a youth communications specialist—who spoke to students at the leadership camp this year. This “Be the Change” video interview project is broken down into eight topics/sections, and will be published throughout June.
Alison Springer is a professional youth speaker and trainer with over 20 years of experience working with diverse audiences and helping youth develop their leadership skills and self-confidence to change and shape their world:
Alison Springer Interview Series
- Self-confidence (4:16)
- The Lying Mirror – Overcoming Self-doubt and Self-criticism (8:29)
- The Impact of Social Media on Confidence (2:18)
- The Leading Cause of Lack of Self-esteem in Youth (2:18)
- Why is it Important to Have Confidence in Yourself (3:04)
- How has this Applied to Your (Alison’s) Motivational Talks (1:13)
- What Has Been the Most Rewarding Parts About Your Job (Alison) – Working with Youth (3:17)
- How can you Assist Others in Becoming More Confident (3:36)