CONNECTIONS: Be the Change
Learn more about the SEEDS CONNECTIONS program, a multicultural and environmental leadership opportunity for high school students. The program connects students from across Alberta, and focuses on creating a better understanding of the multicultural/diverse nature of our schools and society. Vista Virtual School invites students to attend the week-long camp in March each year, and complete a final project that is presented to students and the community.
As part of the project work in this program, our 2018-19 attendees interviewed Alison Springer—a youth communications specialist—who spoke to students at the leadership camp this year. This “Be the Change” video interview project is broken down into eight topics/sections, and will be published throughout June.
Alison Springer is a professional youth speaker and trainer with over 20 years of experience working with diverse audiences and helping youth develop their leadership skills and self-confidence to change and shape their world:
Alison Springer Interview Series
- Self-confidence (4:16)
- The Lying Mirror – Overcoming Self-doubt and Self-criticism (8:29)
- The Impact of Social Media on Confidence (2:18)
- The Leading Cause of Lack of Self-esteem in Youth (2:18)
- Why is it Important to Have Confidence in Yourself (3:04)
- How has this Applied to Your (Alison’s) Motivational Talks (1:13)
- What Has Been the Most Rewarding Parts About Your Job (Alison) – Working with Youth (3:17)
- How can you Assist Others in Becoming More Confident (3:36)