Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes, we are a fully accredited school under Alberta Education. Therefore, any high school courses taken with Vista Virtual School will be reported to Alberta Education and placed on your transcript.
myPass is an Alberta Education secure self-service website for Alberta students to:
- Order high school transcripts
- View diploma examination marks
- Register to write or rewrite diploma exams
- Request diploma exam rescores
- View and print Detailed Academic Reports (DAR)
- View progress towards a high school credential (diploma or certificate)
- View/Update student personal information
- Order additional copies of an awarded credential
- View and print letters of confirmation of name, age, and enrollment
- Provide third-party (including parents and guardians) access to student’s myPass account
Vista Virtual School offers over 300 courses in the elementary, junior high and senior high levels.
Please see our Courses and Registrations tab and Course Catalogue for more information regarding the courses we offer.
Vista Virtual School offers continuous registrations for grades 10-12. Therefore, you are able to start your courses at any time.
Part-Time students in grades 10-12 have one year from the date of registration to complete their courses.
- Are you curious what your online course will look like once you are registered in your course? Click on the following link in order view a short walk through of your online course!
- Students need to enroll in compulsory core courses (Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies) at each grade level
- Our goal is to have students complete courses by the end of the school year for both the elementary and junior high programs and by the end of each semester in the high school program
- Teachers are always ready to help and expect that students will ask for assistance regarding coursework and assignments
- Coursework is done on one unit of study at a time in each course, submitting completed work regularly for evaluation by the teacher
- Assignments are typically completed sequentially so knowledge gained in one assignment helps with the next
- Students are given feedback by the teacher with the hope that they will follow suggestions to improve in successive assignments
- Final marks are based on assignments, quizzes, and supervised exams
- Vista Virtual School students receive a monthly mini-report and a final report card each school year