Why Choose Vista Virtual School?
- Distance learning with Vista Virtual School is accessible by anyone with an Internet connection.
- VVS students are able to to complete their course work within a traditional school year, a semester, or faster.
- Students can work on their coursework any time of the day, any day of the week, giving them flexibility in relation to studies elsewhere, employment, and other commitments.
- VVS’ flexible scheduling options make it easy for students to fill in gaps in their educational background and with the necessary teacher-directed instruction.
- Students with social-emotional and/or mental health concerns can benefit from a study environment free from the anxieties associated with traditional classroom settings.
- Special support staff are assigned to VVS students as part of their Individual Program Plans (IPP).
- VVS provides a full school experience with reduced health risks, notably those related to COVID-19.
- Districts may seek special needs distance education services because the children themselves may be higher risk.
- The achievement levels of VVS students are as high, or higher, than the provincial average (as measured by Diploma Exam results).
- Continuity is key to high achievement, and VVS’ programming allows students to continue with their at-home education for as long as it is beneficial to them.
- VVS provides instruction for non-primary registrees for $130/credit, while divisions are funded at approximately $190/credit for high school students.
- VVS can easily accommodate unusual timetable needs in ways that are costly (and in some cases impossible) for regular schools.
- Other divisions can take advantage of solutions for students to complete their programming for less cost than if the division provided the instruction themselves.
Solutions for international students
- Distance learning through VVS enables Alberta families living abroad to maintain their children’s Alberta education.
- Citizens of other countries can receive world-class Alberta curriculum through VVS.
- Alberta-accredited international schools can use VVS to complement their own programming.
Options for adult learners
- Registering with VVS gives Alberta adults access to a variety of courses to complete their high school diploma, improve high school marks, learn new skills, or fulfill post-secondary requirements.
- Adult upgrading courses are offered through continuous (year-round) registration.
- Adult students have the option of completing a core course or a 3- or 5-credit elective course in six months, or a 1-credit career and technology studies (CTS) course in three months.