Education Services Agreements
Partnerships With Schools
VVS partners with schools in other Alberta school jurisdictions (or Alberta Accredited International Schools, AAIS) to provide distance education to their students through Education Services Agreements (ESA). ESAs are required as per the Funding Manual for School Authorities for VVS to provide services to students who are not included in the Pembina Hills enrolment.
For more information about the purpose, cost, funding implications and set-up of an ESA, please visit the Pembina Hills School Division Education Services Agreements webpage.
Registering Students through an ESA
- Once the ESA is in place, VVS Support will be in contact with your school or division to create various user accounts in our Student Information System (VVS SIS).
- Your school’s designated Super User(s) will then be able to register students directly in VVS SIS (ESA student applications are not submitted through the website application form. SIS How-To documents are found on the SIS Dashboard).
- Grades 1-9 ESA student enrolment is open from August 22, 2022 to January 27, 2023.
- Grades 10-12 ESA student enrolment is open from
- August 22, 2022 to April 6, 2023 for 3- & 5-credit courses.
- August 22, 2022 to April 30, 2023 for 1-credit courses.
- Per-credit Fees: Per the fees outlined in the ESA, affiliation schools are charged $130 per credit (AAIS schools are charged $200/credit). This fee does not cover the costs of textbooks, materials or other required supplies and is the responsibility of the affiliation school to provide. These items, however, may be purchased from VVS (cost is adjusted for used textbooks; all materials purchased are final sale and not refundable); see the Course Catalogue for pricing.
- Shipping Fees – There is a $15 flat rate shipping fee (within Alberta), per order. Affiliations can also schedule an appointment to pick up materials from the Calgary campus. Flat-rate shipping is available only to students and partner schools within Alberta. Partner schools outside of Alberta are responsible for the full cost of shipping.
- Refunds – Our refund policy can be found on our Policies webpage in the Refunds for Education Services Agreement Enrollments section.
- Course Timelines – ESA students have three months to complete 1-credit courses and six months to complete 3- or 5-credit courses. All 2022/23 courses must be completed by June 15, 2023 and final exams completed by June 22, 2023. Note: ESA courses are not semester based.
- Reporting to Alberta Education – When a student reaches the midway point of the term, or has completed 50% of their course, we report student learning and achievement to Alberta Education.
- Finalizations at End of Term – Once a student has completed 50% of their course work, their course will be finalized at the end of the term, regardless of how much more of the course the student completes.
- Withdrawals – ESA students must contact their school to request to be withdrawn from a course and any refund will be issued according to our Refund Policy.
Give us a call at 1-855-974-5333 x5317 or email email@example.com.
Click here to view a summary of the Roles and Responsibilities of Affiliation Schools and VVS.
We have highlighted important dates for ESA students and affiliations below:
- June 15 – Deadline to complete all courses (unless otherwise arranged with the VVS teacher)
- August 22 – Partner schools can begin registering their students for 2022/23 courses*
Important note! There are different deadlines and important dates for different student types at our school. Students should always refer to their course timeline(s) and ask their VVS teacher if they have questions.
All important dates can also be found on the Calendar page of our website (PDF version also available).
*An active Education Services Agreement (ESA) is required for partner schools to be able to enrol ESA students with VVS.