Thank you for choosing Vista Virtual School!
Our registrations system works best with Google Chrome or Firefox (not Safari).
Please Note: Due to high interest in our programs, we are currently receiving more school applications than usual. This means it may take longer than the standard three school days to register you in your course. Thank you for your patience during this peak registration period.
Please have the following ready before you start your registration application:
Proof of Citizenship: You will be required to upload your citizenship documentation into the application. Vista Virtual School will accept one of the following:
- Canadian or Alberta Birth Certificate
- Canadian Passport or Nexus Card (issued in Canada)
- Canadian Citizenship Certificate/Card
- Certificate of Indian Status Card
- Permanent Resident Card (both sides)
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence Document
- Record of Landing/Landed Immigrant paper
- Refugee Protection Claimant Document (RPCD)
- Proof of Application for Permanent or Temporary Residence
- For students under age 18: documentation indicating that you are the child of a Canadian Citizen or an individual lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent or temporary residency, as well as a copy of your parent’s citizenship documentation
- Note: An Alberta driver’s license or Alberta Health Card do not indicate proof of citizenship, but they can be used for proof of residency as needed.
Prerequisite Completion: To expedite the registration process, please upload a copy of your transcript or final report card.
- If you are applying for grades 2-10 or you completed schooling outside of Alberta, you are required to upload a copy of your transcript or final report card.
- Students entering grade 10 may apply for senior high summer courses that do not require prerequisites as of May 1. Students applying for grade 10 courses that require prerequisites may apply once they have received their final grade 9 report card (please upload your registration application).
Alberta Student Number (ASN): All Alberta students have a 9-digit Alberta Education number assigned to them. If you do not know your ASN, you can look it up.
- Note: Your ASN is likely different from the School ID provided by your local school.
- If you do not have an ASN, VVS can create you one at the time of enrollment.
Email: Each student must have a current personal email.
- School email addresses are not recommended.
- Guardian and student emails cannot be the same.
Special Needs Information: As required, please upload your Individualized Program Plan, psychological/psycho-educational assessments, and/or medical assessments/documentation.
- VVS requires documentation in order to provide any special exam accommodations that you may require, excluding extra time.
For more information, please visit our Common Questions page.